Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Wylds Part 2

Tomorrow morning I am off to talk to Tim Birkin who runs Birkin Cycles, so watch this space. However my last post generated some interchange on our local Cycling Network and Mark had a story to tell, which I thought worth repeating

I had my second Raleigh 753 from Paul in 1980. 
It was stolen from Alvaston around 1983. 
TWO weeks ago it appeared on ebay in Long Eaton! !!!
I now have it back. 
Now fully stripped currently undergoing full nut and bolt restore Inc full respray Inc original decals. 







Mark reckons it will be fully operational in 5 weeks..though I doubt the engine is quite as powerful as the original version shown in the first image!


I am also off to Mercians soon... so, if you own a Mercian, have a story then please get ready to share it when the article is posted.

1 comment:

  1. Stylish bike and well worth the cost of refurbishment. It just goes to show, never give up hope and hang onto the frame number.

    ReplyDelete